Got the meatball recipe off of Christna Ferrare's site on OWN. Marinara I found on AllRecipes.com.
Jamie's Famous Meatballs Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork (I used 2 lbs of ground beef)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I had Italian Seasoned on hand)
- 1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan (or Pecorino Romano)
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil , for frying
Place olive oil into a frying pan, and heat until it begins to smoke slightly. Carefully place the meatballs in the pan using tongs. Keep rotating each meatball so they cook evenly until the inside of the meatball reaches 140°. Place the cooked meatball into a marinara sauce of your choice and let simmer for approximately 2 to 4 hours.
Yield: 10 meatballs (4 ounces)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Inactive prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 2 to 4 hours (I only let them simmer about 20 minutes. We were hungry!)
I made this just like the instructions (except for omitting the pork & replacing it with the ground beef).