Amazon

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crisp & Creamy Baked Chicken

Oh this was GOOOOOOOOD.  I started the meal & my husband finished it.  I was sick that night & my nurse was coming over so I had to get ready for him.  I got this recipe off the Kraft Foods website when hubby called from being out working, taking a kid to the doc & taking another to the batting cages.  He wasn't done working, but since I was stuck in bed, he offered to cook if I emailed him a recipe & shopping list.  I ended up cooking it, but he finished it & brought me dinner in bed.  He even snapped a pic for the blog.




Family reviews were all:  MMMmmmmmm..... gooooood.  It was creamy & gooey and moist.  I have never tried the Kraft Touch of Philly shredded cheese before.  It's creamier when it melts.  Good.  Bought the brand name of everything in this case except the cream of celery soup (hubs did the shopping).  Extra Crispy Shake n' Bake & the Kraft cheese instead of the store brand.  You could probably buy generic in all these & do just fine.  Or just use bread crumbs & season them.  I threw some brown jasmine rice in the rice cooker.  I usually cook it with chicken broth, but I didn't have any on hand, so I sprinkled some chicken bouillon in to give it flavor.  Then I jumped in the tub & left the rest up to hubs.






what you need

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
6 Tbsp.  (1/2 of 1 pouch) SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
2/3 cup  (1/2 of 10-3/4-oz. can) condensed cream of celery soup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup  KRAFT Shredded Three Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA

make it

HEAT oven to 400°F.
COAT chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Discard any remaining coating mix.
BAKE 20 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
MIX soup and milk until well blended; pour over chicken. Top with cheese. Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve with rice.

Here is the where I got the recipe: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/crisp-creamy-baked-chicken-90116.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment