Amazon

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tostada & Cindy's Salad

Hubby cooked dinner tonight while I sat in my sauna & took a much needed bath.  
I call this Cindy's Salad because my friend Cindy made it for me once for dinner.  It was a huge salad with a TON of stuff.  Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce
Avocado
Beets from a can (drained)
Diced tomato
Sliced red onion
Sliced mushrooms
Diced bell Peppers
Garbanzo beans from a can (drained)

I topped mine with blue cheese dressing by Bolthouse, it's made with Greek yogurt & so it's low in fat.  I found it in the refrigerated isle.  Best one I've found so far that's in a bottle.
Ingredients & directions:  We browned ground beef & left the taco seasoning out.  Sometimes we like it plain.  We grocery store tostada shells, topped with heated refried beans from a can, then the ground beef (after draining if needed), then shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend.  We then topped with lettuce, taco sauce, tomatoes & sour cream.  TO DIE FOR!  Also super easy.

Reviews:  All four of us gave the thumbs up.  The salad, I am sure the kids picked most of the veggies out.  They aren't too adventurous.  Although we do make them eat veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment